Advice on fire safety
People have a right to expect that their homes, workplaces, schools, and hospitals are safe. Building fires do happen and when they do, the safety of building occupants and first-responders depends overwhelmingly on how the building performs during the fire.
Our insulation is a key component in fire-resilient buildings as its stone wool fibres are inherently non-combustible and can resist temperatures above 1,000º C. This is crucial to containing a fire locally and securing that a fire in a building will not become a building on fire. And with minimal organic content, ROCKWOOL insulation will not produce any significant toxic smoke.
As a minimum, every medium- and high-rise building should only be clad and insulated with non-combustible materials that do not emit any significant toxic smoke when exposed to fire.